Our role at Hillside Memorial Chapel is to help you make the right choices and decisions in making funeral arrangements.
When planning a funeral, try not to do everything yourself. Call on family or friends to help you make arrangements.
|The following are important people to notify:
||The following are choices you will need to make:
We will prepare the Social Security form. We will assist in determining the number of death certificates you will need and will order them. We will help coordinate arrangements with cemetery or memorial park.
Hillside Memorial Chapel will write the article and submit to the newspapers. You will be asked to provide vital statistics about the deceased:
- Birth date
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- Social Security Number
- Veteran's Discharge or Claim Number
- Marital status
- Place of birth
- Cause of death
- College degrees
- Memberships held
- Military service
- Outstanding work
- List of survivors in the immediate family
- Time and place of services
- Charities for memorial contributions
- Have someone to help answer phone calls, cards and letters, as well as greet friends and relatives when they call. Have addresses of all people who must be notified.
- Decide appropriate memorial to which gifts may be made (church, hospice, etc.).
- Have a list of distant persons to be notified by letter/or printed notice and decide which to send.
- Locate the will and notify lawyer and executor.
- Check all life and casualty insurance and death benefits, including social security, credit union, fraternal and military.
- Check on all debts and installment payments, including credit cards.
- Notify utilities and landlord and tell post office where to send mail (if deceased lived alone).